Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Worry Pursued Me

This was more than likely inspired by Robert and Barbara playing word games in 1992, based on the notebooks...making up scenarios and funny instances combining ideas with a simple story...weave it, contort it, stretch it, as an idea and see what happens in trying to tie it together. It is rather Suessstyle in my opinion, in rhyming and wackiness.




The worry pursued me like a stalking cat
I worried for this
I worried for that
Then I sent 'off' my mind
and put atop my head, a hat
and said 'that takes care of that'.

Off my way on a sunny yet windy day my hat flew
and I still knew
I was being followed
as I was feeling like two

When earlier that day I'd gotten on the bus
I was shocked and scared and felt such a fuss
The worry pursued me like a fish in a school
So I crossed my legs and sat on a stool

The stool wasnt there and I didnt care
and I took care of that worry right then and there.

Besides, it never paid it's bus fair....

No comments: