Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Untitled Song- I was listening to alot of Queen, Supertramp etc.at the time.I believed myself to Be A Rockopera Diva/Writer at the time.Same as today.

An untitled theatrical song written by Barbara Meyer-Spidell, in 1991 or so. Barbara relates,
'Oh yes, this has got to be a cartoon character or should I say, Scar, from the Lion King, it reminds me. Again, a character is defined through this song. I wrote this tune story, again circa, 1991. I was so young to have so many ideas down...many are character conversations, so that the listener identifies the nature easily. The age that I was writing for could vary, pending on the musical complexities, obviously it is meant to be light hearted.'


I only long for notoriety
I hunger and thirst for shame
My cheiftain desire is to prolong this lust
Such grandeur associated with my name


I desire not lights, but fights
and glitter does not me want
But my face and reward for capture
and Bone chilling tales of horror and haunt

I want to shock all
mock all
I want to rock the cradle
I want to scare you
terror you
and lay my wrath at any table


smell like a stable
if I am able
send out the cable
be written in a fable

I want it all I call
Notoreity just bought out fame
I'll never fall
I'll step up
and call it a new game
I'll be feared, cheered
Things will never be the same
They call me insane
When they saaaay my naaaaame

No comments: