Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rubies, Rubles and Disjointed Matter

Barbara Meyer-Spidell discusses with herself, some of her written work.
The way I see it, is the character is a man, he is telling a story, trying to lay groundwork in his position....to the listener, it is a song of sorts, as in a showtune...That is my interpretation of what I wrote back in 1991...I think I was trying to have a man tell a story, in a sing song way. It really is Untitled.

When I had wrote this, I had already been writing, consistently, since 7 yrs old. At that time, I was developing alot of ideas, in the early 90's, this was probably inspired by something or other...some desire to get something down. I really cannot tell you alot about it. I see what appears to be a bit of vanity as I mention, the number 28, and I mention rubies---so I must have been referring to myself as well, and then, began to switch gender, as I began to produce, in my own mind, the words coming from a man. My birthday is July 28th. July is the Ruby Stone month.


Maybe I should call it 'Disjointed Matter' as I wrote above. By the way, I do give it a C grade or less. When I wrote it, if it was finished, which I know it is not, I still would have given it a C or less, as far as grading goes for lyrical verse. But it is out there anyways---I should call it 'Girl with Pen'. Overt minimalism.



Not the rubies of the Tuesday but of the 28th
Not the cradle of the cat but the one without the haste
Not the giant of Sequoia but the One that Jack had fought
We ALL have differing identities oft more oft than oft naught

Differentiate what we identify
Specify the certain matter
Mostly but not by certain
Detail the inclandestine chatter
Ohhh but not by certain
Clearly place the matter,
certain, place upon a platter
Hold it with just precision
and 'careful' with that matter


I never wanted Notoriety
I only wanted Fame
The Credit should go for spontaneity
Not leaving me words and shame


I begrudge this - This insult
My intentions - they were well
I swear it was my heart
Not my Head that began to swell

No comments: