Monday, August 25, 2008

Old Benicia Library Experience

And so I began my chase almost spilling to the street

Out the library doors into the heat

I grabbed the little one's shirt by the collar

Turned her around not before I could holler

My eyes rested upon a suitcase in the moments flurry

I raised my sight now calm from the hurry



There was a man, quite old and of course, looked wise

This gentle species was caught by surprise

He said he never had children of his own, with his wife to share

But knew all about them and had his fair share

He said he'd spent his time gathering fortunes and still had his health

And when his time was to come he wanted to share his wealth


Naturally my ears perked at the thought

He said he was in the World War but not the one which the Germans were fought

He'd spent some time in school studying medicine

and asked me if I knew of Thomas Edison

All these subjects came and went

and by then I had, in my mind all his money spent

No comments: