Monday, August 25, 2008

Prelude to Coming Home

This was inspired by Polly Klaas, and Amber---the lost girls who had been stolen, circa 1992. Yeah man, working on this project really bit the big one. We tried miscellaneous ideas to develop an awareness, hopefully culminating in the ultimate victory.... A message...a mere message, which if the child were able to hear on the media, or in school an idea, they could perhaps respond in a way that would help themselves. It was a hopeless project, almost. What came out of it was education and some small victories. The hopeful identity of a picturesque world was never achieved. I missed the ball on this one. I have the music, but I think I was still overcome with greif inciting from the project. Uhmmm, eventually we settled on songs to teach to children PRIOR to finding themselves in that sort of dastardly mess...I personally kept writing fugues. I mean we were in contact with the greiving parents, regularly, at this time...the project that I worked on lasted maybe 6 mos. Our goal was to produce a musical album, which many were actually created, how many recorded is probably a good question. I think we eventually landed on 'country' styles of music, which is what we chose. Regionally, I think that was dominant musical style at the time, and probably still is, besides Rap. Our area was Palo Alto, to Sacramento....we recorded in Fairfield, CA. I worked with another vocalist named Denise Settle, from Vallejo, as well as a man named Scotty, who I also later worked with in 'The Real Imposters' later; he was our drummer. As a sidenote, he was also in 'The Scratching Dogs', a band out of Benicia Ca. who featued Mikey Shoemaker, a No. Ca. favorite and direct link to Michael 'Willie' Dixon, a great musician out of Virginia City NV, as well as Benicia CA, he played a large role in my musical life for a time....he stays now in one of my personal fav towns- fav because of him. It was HE, Michael 'Willie' Dixon who introduced me to, and who I got to sing with on numerous occasions, Alicia and Danny Daniels, of 'Pure Honey'. Danny Daniels is one of the GREAT Chicago Daniels, from the Daniels family of Musicians, most noted for their family's contribution to piano workings. Here goes nothing. I will eventually notate this out, there are many songs that I wrote for this project. Here it is...a prelude....a greif stricken prelude. In reading it now, the words are reminiscent of 'Abraham Martin and John'...but the music is not. It is quite simple.

Where are all the missing children
Please tell me where they are
Where are all the missing children
Please tell me where they are


Where are all the missing children
Who knows where they have gone
How long before the questions are answered
To find out we will fight hard and long


Mommy loves and Daddy does too
We don't know why someone would hurt someone special as you
We will find you if it is the last thing we will do

1 comment:

The Big Drink said...

Yeah, I wrote it, there is music that accompanies alot of these poems...