Thursday, August 14, 2008

A pocketful of shards, lies, and the letter ' r '

A pocketful of shards, lies, and the letter 'r' as written by Barbara Meyer-Spidell on 12-10-2007

Jimmy Bee's


I thought I was the only psychic in a roomful of liars.
I stood up, my black wooled draping coat covered in small beige retreiver shorthairs, and then layed my head down on the burgundy red barstool, like a small r.


Bending over like a small r, I was wishing someone would sit right on my head...wanting to laugh at the site of it then and now.


Maybe I should get stoned instead, afterall, I hated drunkards, and faced being forced into one.


I imagine The Three Stooges. I guess, maybe my life is a 14 bit routine, '...not wanting to give them only two-bits...', I said out loud.


Determined to make no tears and hostiley fighting with myself to act like an ordinary monkey, I touch my abdomen, pretending that I am shifting my cock while pretending to shift my eggholders in my womb, and stood up I order:
'May I please have a weak Korbel and seltzer? Thank you.'


My preferable routine is no routine. Keep them rocking, pitched forth and back, as you keep swinging your arms like the spaghetti that they are, makes life fairer somehow, if you are looking for fairness.


I just need originality. I prefer life that way, but the lack of 'constants' will drive a better woman nuts.


My theory is that it sure beats being let down by a roomful of liars while you think you are being a psychic.


Only a poet in a roomful of liars sees the transparency of the lying fat assed drunks.
I hate being forced into a routine of bars. My head turns into r's.


A life in Milwaukee can be better than this...if I only had the innards of a man, would I be willing to settle for the lies, the drinks, and then I would wish to be a psychic that my inner psychic knows so clearly that one cannot distinguish between the two.


The dividing lines that only a woman sees are erased. The fragments and laughing shards are melded.


A poet in a roomful of liars is a shameworthy thing if one wanted to tackle the meaning of the word. I'd settle for truths.

No comments: