Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Wind Gone Wild by Barbara Meyer-Spidell

You are the wind gone wild, and you have set me down in a place I've not been before.
You are as tall as the tree that grows, not my belly, but that longs to sway in your wind gone
wild.


Catch me, catch me, I'll swing for you.
See the curve of my hip?
Don't you see? Do you see that the swing has stopped? C'mon let's play some more.


Come on. You're the wind. Your'e the wind. Your'e the wind gone wild.
Come on. Shake it loose tonight.


You're the treetop. You're not the whip on my back. You're not the yoke on my neck. You're the wind to me. I am suffocating, set me free. ...cause the wind means everything to me, and you have set me down in a place I've never been before.


Come on and shake it baby, rock me baby, and set me free cause the wind doesn't belong to me...and I want to be just like the wind, cause you've set me right down in a place I've never been before.


You're as tall as a tree. Come and Rock with me, and plant that seed.


Circa 1992, Benicia CA....um, I think I was in love at the time, with a certain somebody...who was never mine....this poem I believe was just a fantasy...oh well, you win some, you lose some.

No comments: